Fantastical Highlights

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Is this a compliment or a curse?

A year ago, I was in Vegas for a friend's birthday, we were in the Aria pool catching sun and a guy comes up to me and asked me if my name was Elizabeth.  I hesitantly said yes.  It turned out he was the produce man at a local grocery store where I used to live in Stanton. He said he remembers me very well.

The other day, I was driving home from Long Beach on the 405 South Freeway and a man in a truck signaled for me to turn down my window.  I hesitantly did so.  He asked me if my name was Elizabeth...I said yes...he smiled and I remembered his pearly white teeth.  His name was Matt and he was a grade school teacher and an attendant ata local grocery store and high school where I used to live in Westminster.  He signaled, "I miss you".  It made me smile.  We used to have quick chats as he used to scan my grocery items.  I used to compliment him with his smile and I remember he mentioned how he comes from a family of dentist. 

Last night, a friend invited a guy I dated almost 3 years ago.  We never did seem to connect but we've kept in touch over the years.  I remembered liking him at first but was immediately turned off by the way he talked about his finances and when I saw his dormitory style room. Something that I didn't want to see from a man a year older than I am. I must admit, he did cook a mean dinner.

Sadly, my best friend was really in love with his charming characteristics. I told her I was ok with her dating him but don't be disappointed and be careful. It was a charming night of good food, music, and friends. Unfortunately, it didn't end the way I had intended it to be; with my bff heartbroken. He said he was still in love with me.

I told her it's a cough out. He's not that into me. I'm sure it was something else...

In the evening, my friend asked for advise on how she could be a better person. Truth of the matter is that she's actually fine..I just told her she needs to keep it cool in the beginning. Don't invest too much...I told her I'm guilty of the same things.

None of these things matter anyway..I'm still single.

2 comments:

  1. It's neither a compliment or a curse to be recognized.
    I think perhaps you're just really flirty with grocery store employees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha...buying junk food everyday is not really flirting..i don't think..

    ReplyDelete