Fantastical Highlights

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Walking a different life for one night - 9/30/10

It's been really nice to have all the time in the world to experience a city.  I started the day with a stop at the River Seine.  Again..thoughts marriage, romance, and friends kept going through my mind.  This trip already has been a growing experience.

Kim in front of a BNP Paribas atm machine..

Our picnic at odeon..lol

oooh...a fun band...at st. michel...


Xena and I...aww

I realized what made Paris somewhat special.  The river, stairs, parks, random doors,  hallways, benches...it is almost a call to always stop and appreciate.  I thought about my ex Matt Fox...Calvin..quite a bit.  After hours and hours of conversation with Anas.....Paris is romantic but can also make a woman go crazy for having the lack of..

I met a girl Kim...she's an American that's been traveling Europe for 19 months now.  She's an anthropologist and speak Arab and has been living in arab countries for months.  It is interesting being with her.  She's always looking at bags, carts, that are left at random places.  Everything is a bomb threat.

She is also full of life and energy.  Much similar to who I am, we wandered the afternoon with a piece french baguette, two bottles of 3 euro wine, brie, ham, and cherry tomatoes and sat on a fountain near Odeon (very posh place in Paris).  We laughed, made men feel uncomfortable...but mostly - we were just adoring french men!

To recap a two hour dinner, we meet 2 guys from Tunisia, two young french boys, and 4 really really hot "proper" french men in their new french designer clothes.  Hot men but no sense of culture or adventure..so we moved on..lol

But perhaps one of the grounding moments of today is when we were on our way to St. Michel...we ran across two homeless Parisians with a dog...we stayed there for three hours, sharing our 3 euro wine and speaking about their life and experiencing sitting on a curb by an atm machine waiting for people to throw coins on a dog diaper.

It was so humbling.  They were homeless but very giving and beautiful.  We spoke about their life, parents, families...........man..I thought I had bad...

I was so touched...thanks Kim

The next day..people were randomly talking with us..asking if I'm Elizabeth...man even with homeless people...things get around fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment