It's amazing how simple things like dinner at a foreign restaurant can turn into a night of madness and new friendships being made. After a walk with Alex, I went home to quickly change and I felt almost like I was intruding David and Eli's time so I decided to go to the Filipino restaurant by myself.
It was the most horrible Sinigang (pork sour soup) I have ever tasted in my life. I like fat but man this one was fatty! I guess people just settle for anything remotely close to the taste of home.
I was the only odd Filipino in the restaurant. The place was surrounded by noise from workers from a cruise docked in Barcelona for a couple of days. They were noisy cracking up gay jokes with each other. It was so hilarious. I was trying to keep myself from laughing but they were just so funny!
In beginning, I think they were reluctant to talk to me since I didn't look Filipino. Finally, one invited me for a shot and that took care of the rest of my night.
There were about 12 of them. All married with children with similar stories. They are also separated by hierarchy of their work. One seems to be the "cool boss" and everyone is sucking up to him by making sure he's having fun and drinking as much as everyone. In the end, he ended up footing a $100 dollar bill (to those people, that's alot!); a typical Filipino attitude.
We spent a couple of hours drinking and we decided to venture out to find a karaoke bar. You can only imagine the rest. It was full of laughter and more gay jokes. My god! If they only knew!
One thing I appreciate about that culture despite when it's all about "saving face" is that they really take care of their women. They made sure I got home safely although my place was out the way. They also made sure I was happy eating and drinking.
"Elizabeth, you are really cool. You are not like other Filipinas; pretentious and boring". It was nice hearing that. Good luck, I have yet to add them on facebook.
Oh..Evangeline Gome is one of the guys ex (the one with the white hat)...funniest of them all... I could tell he's still in love with her even though she was married. He told me that the book is about them...this coming from a guy who spoke so much about having to used a clean toilet for he had to sit to pee!
This is collection of a few life lessons. I represent both someone who possess endless strengths and inconsolable sadness. You will see a woman who was made to feel shame for her desires and yet had the courage to pursue them anyway. At 23, I thought I found Elizabeth. Now at 35, I long to rediscover her again. Let Me Fly...Reinvent...and Stay Extraordinary... "Happiness is only real when shared"...Christopher McCandless 2007
Fantastical Highlights
-
We have a new member to our family...his name is Sig :) My sister Andromeda and Sig Isn't he cute?
-
You are different... You are real.. You make me laugh.. I've never seen so much passion in one where I feel like I am with you I...
-
After breakfast, we said our farewells at a local picnic. It was bittersweet...long hugs and semi tears almost came with the rain for me :)...
No comments:
Post a Comment