Fantastical Highlights

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Diminishing Quality of Living...

I've decided to do what is right and spend some staying with my grandparents to help take care of their daughter. It's been more pleasant than I had imagined it to be.

Yesterday, I spent the day Christmas shopping  with Grandma.  Her name is Natividad (She was born 12/25..christmas day in 1930).  We left at 10 and got home at 5.  She seemed happy she was able to get out of the house and walk around but I knew she was tired. It sucks to have noone to take you around at age 80; lesson #1.

I made lunch and dinner today and yesterday. I am glad that they are able to eat their unsalted with no oil and fat meals; talking about humility and repression when it comes to my meal choices. We also had wine tonight for dinner...something extraordinary for my grandparents.

Again, I have proven my ability to keep calm at certain situations.  My grandparents have made it impossible for everything to be a relaxing activity.  For example, meals have to be exactly on time and if they missed it within five minutes, one would hear my grandpa mouth off all night.  I just remained calm and said that it was ok...we'll eat soon.   Eating is supposed to be a relaxing activity; lesson #2.

Time for medication and injections.  We missed it by 30 minutes and my grandparents forgot that it was at 5 pm instead of 6.  Grandpa was then mouthing off blaming that my grandma is getting old and forgetful...not so much a helpful strategy.  Grandparents in their 80s are now taking care of their 50 year old daughter. How Ironic.  So I decided to write times and medications and posted the notes into the wall near the kitchen.  I also set alarms on their phone for every time they have to give medication.  This is something I showed to all three of them to make them all equally responsible and accountable.  Put them all to work; lesson #3.

What a day.....I finished the evening with a nice meal the grandparents.  They did the rosary before dinner and heard my grandma forgetting one of the verses in one of the mysteries...guess what...grandpa was mouthing off again..ha ha ha

morning insulin prep

This is who i get my humor from...a day at the supermarket

No comments:

Post a Comment