Fantastical Highlights

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

To Manila and My 4th Goodbye.....

I got home from another endless night with my old West Rembo Grade school friends at 3 am last night.  It was another magical evening..

The day was a typical morning in Manila with roosters crowing to wake you up and the smell of fried rice to match your daily meat craving.  The only different this time was that I'm leaving and coming back to California..

The last 35 days have been so memorable matched with experiences that made me realized that Manila could never be my home....however today..I wanted to stay longer.

I started packing my things, giving things away, thinking of what other things I need to buy before I leave.  I was asked what I wanted for lunch and I said..I wanted lugaw, a famous ginger based rice soup we always eat in the morning. I wanted something simple and something I can enjoy with my Lampa family.

I wrote a letter to my family on facebook...and I couldn't but tear...I was happy but yet sad that I'm leaving again....

You will be missed Manila!

No comments:

Post a Comment