Fantastical Highlights

Monday, August 22, 2011

Waubeka's Knight and Shining Armor!


Meet Anthony James Newland...he comes from a small town of Waubeka, Wisconsin (Unincorporated and less than 100 residents). I seen this place myself. The trees, old homes, and perfectly mowed lawns reminded me of movies. He called himself the Knight and Shining Armor. At first, I laughed...in the end, I had to agree..for he was absolutely right..



When we first ran across each other on Ohio Street...I thought to myself, this guy is interesting. He walked with a swinging stance, looked around him with an eye of a curious child, matched with v-neck stripe t-shirt, and boots that seemed to be lost in time; any girl's heart would skip a beat. Much to my surprise, he then took out a pair of aviator glasses and as I inspected the case, I can't help but gasp. It seemed like a collector's item dated back in the early 30s...He also told me that his boots were from the 1930s....it was perfectly maintained. For someone who lived in a small town all his life, he seemed well traveled...although the farthest south that he's been that I know of is Texas..and it's all just to pick up a car. Now..again..in my eyes...this man is definitely interesting..

He spoke of a simple life. He worked on cars and cars was his life. In his early 20s, he bought, sold, and pimped out over 60 cars. For someone so young, he sounds like an old soul. He has direction, ambition, and a passion for finding what he wants.

We also spoke about love. How I'd give mine in a heartbeat for that perfect man and how he recently drove for 5 hours just for the hope of true love. We had to buy food for the picnic and he wouldn't let me pay a dime. He said that girls are not allowed to pay around his presence. I smiled and as usual, I squirmed with a feeling of guilt with a slight hint of pleasure. Wow...Midwesterner Cornfed Gentleman...it's true..they are around...lol

It was a beautiful Saturday night by the Chicago river walk. The breeze ...we spent the day and joined other surfers for Chicago's summer dance. I usually hate bringing people to my dancing world for I always felt like I had to babysit. He turned out fine; so patient and easily amused by my circle of international friends. Of course, he turned conversations into his passions for car. Everyone smiled the whole night. Just like me..every single person he met thought that he was definitely interesting.

Lastly, he also drove an interesting car. Needless to say, I've never been so proud to get in such a noisy and attention grabber of a vehicle. It's an art to make a diesel engine car with over 200,000 miles drive 2 and half hours for the hope of finding love. Again, my interest was at it's highest peak.

Life can be so interesting at times...we never know what life can bring at any given moment. Two days ago, my friends and I were shocked by an experience with a person whom we thought we could click with. It all turned out to be our first time hanging out and also the last.....

We spoke more and more about his family....about his dreams. Suddenly, his dreams almost seemed as if they were mine.

Anthony...don't ever change. You have no idea how perfect you are. Wow! I'm still in shock. I have never met anyone like you before. Any girl would be lucky to be yours.

I promise to write a story about you for "Benches"..you know what I mean..I'll collect that camera and vase when the time is right ;) I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment