Last week's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown,
Connecticut, came as a shock to many of us. I spent the morning trying to imagine how it must be like to a parent of one of the kids that have passed. At 6, how are you supposed to have the mindset to have the courage to be brave. How it must be like to be one of the teachers in that school when your job is to educate and inspire kids but you suddenly have to act like a parent and teach your kids how to be brave.
I'ts 6 am. It's our musician's call time for a big day in our church. Last Sunday, we sang for the last time in our old church. I have never seen this side of our musical director. A woman of such strength and command opened up dedicating our service to the kids of Sandy Hook today. We leave a history of birth, weddings, funerals. We cried thinking of the many years spent celebrating many moment of life. This morning, we open a new sanctuary for the new.
Today, we dedicate a new beginning for our parish. Such a beautiful accomplishment after years of fund raising and planning. I want to share my our dedication music to all the families affected by this week's tragic event. It's time to encourage compassion.
To my friend who is a grade school teacher....Jackie - I appreciate you ...
I'ts 6 am. It's our musician's call time for a big day in our church. Last Sunday, we sang for the last time in our old church. I have never seen this side of our musical director. A woman of such strength and command opened up dedicating our service to the kids of Sandy Hook today. We leave a history of birth, weddings, funerals. We cried thinking of the many years spent celebrating many moment of life. This morning, we open a new sanctuary for the new.
Today, we dedicate a new beginning for our parish. Such a beautiful accomplishment after years of fund raising and planning. I want to share my our dedication music to all the families affected by this week's tragic event. It's time to encourage compassion.
To my friend who is a grade school teacher....Jackie - I appreciate you ...

No comments:
Post a Comment