Fantastical Highlights

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Euro Trip 2010 - Day 1, LA to London - Advantages to being late..9/24

Probably one of the longest day I ever had traveling.  I woke up at 6 am and vacuumed and cleaned the house like crazy.

AIRPORT:
 They couldn't find my itinerary since it's a United Flight booked through continental.  My flight was at 12:45 pm...arrived at 10:30 but was on hold til 12:10.  Finally the guy said.."what the heck...just go and if you have any problems, just say TSA approved it"...ha ha ha

My friends always tease me  about being late but this time, it came with with friendly benefits:
  • More time to hang with Suzie
  • Skipped lines since my flight was boarding
I had some interesting seat partners.  One was going to work on a cruise ship as a violinist. She was recruited from playing at 3rd street promenade in Santa Monica.  The other one was from Iran.  We talked about 5 out of the 10 hour flight.

Landed at 6:30 am...man Pounds and Euros are not cheap!  I've never felt so broke...lol..sadly my host Erkan was supposed to be there to pick me up..I waited for 2 hours then started heading to Hackney..east of London

I was so tired and a bit frustrated...and lonely.  Finally connected...around 12:30 pm...a bit frustrated...

My view from a Hackney window..
by the door..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment