Although tired, jet-lagged, and frustrated with stairs and a heavy luggage, my mood changed when I sat in front of a man named William Robinson..
He was "proper". He reminded me of a British man from Cambridge or Oxford. On his hand was a book which interestingly matched a nicely ironed collard shirt embellished with a light purple v neck cashmere sweater. I couldn't help but stare at him. His lips were nice and pink. His hair was a bit curly and perfectly complemented his "scholarly" glasses.
Throughout the ride, my legs would slightly brush against his during a bumpy train ride. We had quick glances to each other and I could see his face through the glare of the windows.....I was tired, nervous, but giggly at the same time. I never thought that I train ride could be so cute...
| Fish and Chips by Covent Garden.. |
He finally smiled. I saw him take a notebook out of his book bag and ripped a piece of paper and wrote something down. It reminded me of high school and college days...my friends used to call me "scratch paper" because i always get phone numbers left on my desks or on the windshield of my car...He said "pardon me"..as he exited the train and dropped his phone number on my jacket.....it was very very cute.
| The london "scratch paper" |
The next day, I decided to have a drink with him..he showed me a bit of London. We had fish and chips (I had like 10 fish and chips the whole time in the city)...did a quick visit at the British Museum then stopped at a nearby Pub for a couple of beers then dessert at Covent Garden...
As it turns out he did go to school in Cambridge...an author and currently working on getting published. Very exciting...and interesting. He spoke like a writer...very detailed and every topic had a reference to a famous writer/author or a book...
| British Museum |
| I spilled beer... |
What a nice way to spend an afternoon in a strange town...of course..he had to wear a red sweater the next day...ha ha ha..good luck to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment