It was not as cold as Hungary. In fact, I think I was only wearing a sweater. It was slightly windy but the the air was refreshing. People were coming home from work and I have never seen so many old Trams (older than the one in Szeged) circling around a busy street. At this point, I have no idea what tram number or where I was actually going.
Matched with a beard and a rather odd Serbian humor, Petar told me about his Belgrade. He is a graduate law student living in a fairly newly renovated Belgrade 1 bedroom apartment. The bathroom was nice (I was actually able to take a nice warm shower without feeling like it was going to run out of hot water). He had a small office, a nice living room, and fully equipped kitchen. I was even happier then.
The phone rang (yes! I got a Serbian sim card) and it was my friend Alex (I met him in Vienna with my best friend Trent last year) and he was off work and would like to meet!
We spent the evening walking around Belgrade at night. I even got to see the "fortress"....You'll see pictures of it later.
At the end, I decided that I wanted to eat and listen to some live Balkan music. With one wave of the wand, Peter and Alex found me a cute little restaurant. I don't need to say anymore when it comes to food. I ATE FOR MY WHOLE FAMILY!
| Alex teasing trent.. |
No comments:
Post a Comment