Fantastical Highlights

Sunday, October 31, 2010

4th Country, Same Week! oh yeah..and more running!

George and I decided to go for a morning run for American coffee at McD's...it was really nice chatting with him and learning about Cyprus and its culture.  I really am interested in visiting soon.

Again we spent the morning trying to make a bus. We got there two minutes before we needed to be! I'm already exhausted.

We got to Subotica (border city) around 11 and then we decided that we wanted to have lunch in the city.  An hour later, we were running for the bus again!

Another currency, 100 Dinars = 1 Euro

We made it two minutes before the bus left..damn boris! We did the same in Subotica...1 minute before bus left.





My first taste of Serbia


Architecture is different and people seem to definitely have a friendly vibe.  Everyone seems to be smiling and always ready to help.  I got a taste of my first Serbian dish, .  Poor Laura..why be a vegetarian?



It was probably one of the most interesting bus rides I have experienced so far.  Combined with the language barrier, new currently, and non-English speaking passengers, i didn't know what to expect.  I just knew I was under Boris's salvation.

We stopped by in his hometown, Novi Sad, another great Serbian city but then I had to go get another bus to make it to Belgrade by 5 or 6.

Arrived in a busy Belgrade around 6 pm...waited for an hour for Peter (my new friend/host two days) - yet another crazy adventure..

No comments:

Post a Comment