David (the friend) seemed uneasy. He was really nervous. I knew he wasn't going to get the job. He wasn't comfortable about his English. I always tell people who are learning (not that my English is any great) to used the simplest terms and speak slowly. Most French English Students make this mistake. It's hard to usually understand. I just like how they sound cute trying to use harder words..
The dinner was excellent. I made a simple spinach egg soup. Peter admitted that at first he was reluctant for he usually doesn't like egg in soup but it was nice and perfect for the cold weather.
We also spoke about Peter's girlfriend (David is roommates with her and her best friend). There is this lingering question about her. "She is studying for school"..Peter said. The rest of the evening was easy. We watched "Borat"...
| Peter's contribution to dinner... |
I asked Peter the next day if he David got the job. I was right.
No comments:
Post a Comment