Fantastical Highlights

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Buda Vs. Pest - A day by the river..



Peter was barely awake this morning.  I saw him got up for work so I tried to make him feel better by giving a warm goodbye hug.  I felt his warmth and I immediately smiled thinking of how wonderful it was hanging out with him last night.

I started the morning cleaning the kitchen...boy it was a mess.  I heard noise outside from the hammering and talking of the construction workers as they were retiling the corridor.  I sat down having tea (Peter doesn't have any coffee so tea was a last resort).  I took a nice long shower and proceeded with my morning ritual of emails, blogs, and day planning.

The sun was definitely shining and I know it was going to be a beautiful day.  I was greeted by this wide set of stairs leading right outside Street Boraroz and I started my walk towards the Danube river tram.

I got off a couple stop earlier than planned and went walking across the river on the Lady Liberty bridge.  I have never felt so free and happy during a trip.  The sun, the water, wind...it couldn't have been any more perfect. People were friendly and Hungarians were smiling.  There were a lot of constructions along the way but the walk by the river was just spectacular.

I went up to hills were the Palaces were and ran across a beautiful cafe overlooking the parliament.  I couldn't help but stop and eat. I went around the fisherman's bastion area..I was mesmerized...

I was warned that it's almost the same as Prague but you know what..it is so different from Prague...cleaner in some ways.


My Budapest Flat..

On the Way down...beautiful staircase..






Soup and Budapest...My kind of place..






Fisherman's Bastion




I also met some Greek tourists who invited me to a party. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it for Peter and I had dinner plans.

I ended my day with a walk by the Parliament and also walked across another river bridge....I probably walked a good 10 kilometers that day..but I felt free..SO FREE..

No comments:

Post a Comment