October 14
It's Thursday night. I was promised by Fehti with a beautiful dinner of his own creation. It was nice to have a host with a car. He lived about 30 minutes away from the center called Arsellar…Nothing memorable..just a sky of grey embraced with a fresh breath of coldness in the northern part of Belgium.
I remembered his kitchen. He has all this kitchen gadgets. So refreshing..I thought that my bff Trent would certainly appreciate this. For the first time, I found a man who actually measures and shapes his rice in improving it's visual presentation. I felt dearly at home.
Shrimp Scampi with Rice….wow. I was in heaven. I feel badly that I wasn’t able to reciprocate with my own cooking ability. Then again, I wouldn't have dared. He was too good.
We continued the rest of the Thursday with an evening of salsa lessons (in Dutch ..ha ha ha). I started with the beginner s and ended up staying til the advanced level. I’m spoiled coming from LA..I’m surrounded by beautiful dancers. For a moment, I felt like I was teaching students but I also didn’t want to be rude and teach while another teacher is in the room. I must say she had great movement and style.
| Add caption |
| Fehti and his shrimp tunisian scampi |
| Salsa in Antwerp |
| My new friend Andy |
| Me and my favorite Belgian Kriek Beer...Damn I need to steal a glass. |
| My view from the bar at 1 am |
We ended the evening in a cs meeting with over 50 random people in a central Antwerpen bar. It wasn’t as friendly as Brussels but I managed to make a memorable appearance among a couple of members; including a new friend named Andy.
It was then 1 am. I felt tired, exhausted paired with a little cold and cough. I decided to sit away from the crowd and look out the window and people watch. I had my typical Kriek beer and gave Fehti a couple of glasses of wine. He was smiling the whole night socializing. His face always had this permanent Tunisian smile to a point that you wondered if he ever got upset about anything. In fact, he was too positive and smile even seemed to artificial. I was glad he was social so I could be independently just as social in a big random bar but I wasn’t in the mood. I grabbed a couple of Belgian coasters for my collection. I was ready to go home.
No comments:
Post a Comment