Fantastical Highlights

Monday, October 18, 2010

A Brand New Day!

October 18, 2010

Today is also an old friend's birthday Jordan.  I used to make her birthday or at least tried to make it special.  You wonder whatever happened to those days.  It has been at least 5 years ago since I've hit it off with those old friends.  We used to travel together and had so much adventure on the road.  Unfortunately, I've moved on.  They were holding me back.  Traveling by car and locally in the US can be fun but seeing new countries are even more eye opening..

A brand new day is what I call this post...well..maybe not too much of a brand new day.  I was awaken by the sound of rain hitting the window sill.  My bed was right by the set of stairs where the girls from Sweden were going up and down the stairs trying to get ready to get out of the house for a flight back home.  I remember Simone (the french flatmate) constantly being awaken by the noise and Ms. Estonia suddenly yelling for the girls to keep their noise down.
Me and Geisha's Mom...at the Monk..

Of course..Belgium=french fries..


The frenchie..

Stefan..

Asian food..yum


Valentin of Rwanda...

Geisah..awww...

Dimitri was nice enough to let me sleep in.  I got up and caught Simone cleaning the floor..he made quite a mess defrosting the fridge but I gave him a warm hug goodbye before leaving to do some more Belgian sightseeing..

I met one of the UK girls on the way to the center and we started talking...we then decided to have coffee together..it was nice.  We spent an hour just talking about Belgium and for the first time in 4 days, I started to smile and laugh again.

The same day I met with Stefan (Belgian pianist I met a week ago) and he showed me his version of Brussels.  He's a working tour guide so this man (from what I remember..he was very well spoken) was knowledgeable of the city's history, etc...

That same evening, I met Valentin..another interesting man from Rwanda.  We spoke of our experience in Paris and more about CS.  We had Vietnamese soup and visited the Monk for a beer.  I saw Geisha the dog again...it was nice..

All in all...I'm glad I went back to Brussels...tomorrow..I am taking Ginger to see the Atomium!

No comments:

Post a Comment