Last year, Trent and I (my bff) encountered the Danube river was in Germany...this year I get to see it in two different countries (Serbia and Hungary). It reminded me so much of the Colorado river hitting so many states in the U.S. The river plays such a role in the way many people live their lives in the city. In Paris, the Seine was full of history, picnics, and music...I can only imagine what the Danube river brings in this part of this journey.
The morning was calm. It was my last morning hearing motorcycles, children playing, people fighting, and random karaoke mornings at a Filipino neighbor's home. The neighbors are still wondering what an Asian girl is doing at a Catalan's home.
Laundry, shower, coffee, then go. I was practically running to the shuttle stop with my last 5 Euro. I made it :) I was greeted by a smile from a Vueling airline counter. It was a beginning of a beautiful trip!
The three hour flight was a breeze and again I was proud to have made it with no stress. The stress began at the airport.
What's new:
- New language
- New City
- New host
- New Currency: try $1 per 200 Hungarian money...at least the conversion is a bit easier.
I also made a new friend by the ATM. She helped me purchase a bus ticket at the train station and even helped with my luggage. I was smiling and happy so I didn't notice that I was riding a train that reminded be of a 1920s horror film where the doors would barely open, handle bars looked like it can be used to hang people and the lighting was a flickering fluorescent bulbs where you think Jigsaw may come out with a knife. I was happy that I didn't even noticed how inefficient the metro system was by hiring someone to physically sell tickets in the rain rather than having a machine pick up the work. I hated the stairs (yup no elevator for a poor girl's luggage).
| Meet Peter... |
| My vueling ride...beautiful day in Barcelona.. |
| Another metro ticket/currency..hungarian ft..about 200 per dollar.. |
| an old metro system in Hungary.. |
| Where I met Mr. Cell phone guy.. |
I also made a new friend at the tram stop. These men in yellow jackets were kindly enough to help me get my luggage inside a super jammed tram stop. Luckily, I was only two stops away.
I made friends with a cell phone guy at a booth in Boraroz Ter station. He didn't speak a word of English but he tried. He lent me his cell phone so I could call Peter. Damn Hungarian men...stop making me feel so abundant!
5 minutes later...a rather tall Hungarian man comes my way and gives me the friendliest hug of my week. I saw his blue/grey eyes...my heart stopped! Good luck to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment