Fantastical Highlights

Friday, October 22, 2010

Where sorry apparently has no value..

Today we went to the highest point of Barcelona (Park Guell).  It was an area similar to Balboa ( a small community unique by it's Gaudi inspired buildings.  It was magnificent combined by a spectacular view of Barcelona and live music brought by artists around the area.

We decided to have lunch and do a picnic at the top of the park.  We were tired so we sat by this guitar quartet which played beautiful latin music.  We were grooving all afternoon. I can only imagine how much they make in a day. Again, they were into the music...their combination was perfectly matching each others talent.

As we opened the wine, Paulina accidentally spilled wine onto herself and a bystander.  The lady was handicapped and her husband started yelling at Paulina asking her what she's going to do about it.  Paulina said she can wash it and for her to take it off but I was surprised when the woman said "10 Euros should cover it".  Paulina reluctantly gave her 10 Euros and we were all shock.  The husband (perfectly fit) said "Yeah it was accident..that's what insurance is for so what are you going to do about my wife's pants"..

It took me about 5 minutes to process and then I was upset.  I thought to myself what did insurance do for your wife?  Is being handicapped an accident that can be fixed by insurance?  I wanted to look for him and ask for the 10 Euros back. It's amazing how people don't know how to forgive or least let things go.  For God's sake it was 3 small drops!  I told Paulina..I'm sure we'll get more than 10 Euros back.

The Three Crosses..Park Guell

On our way up...way up...

Today I fell in love with Paula and her sister..I know we are going to friends for a long time..



Man..they were good..

After the wine incident...

Back to Las Ramblas for an afternoon drink...

No comments:

Post a Comment