Fantastical Highlights

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another walk on history lane..

It was 2008 since I was here in the Philippines last.  It was already a different time here then.  Although some of its looks have changed..the way of living certainly has certainly remained the same..

The same old never ending "good morning sir or ma'am", pointless negotiations that leads into corruption, superstitions, saving "face"...these are some of the things that keep this otherwise beautiful country less attractive for me to live in.

I was watching an Asian version of the Price is Right and can't help noticed how all contestants paid so much homage to the host and always thanking "God"; that's something that wouldn't fly as well in the States..

This trip is another trip to memory lane.  It's a time to catch up with family and a time to meet new family.  We have new kids from my cousins and again have been blessed to see a new one be born..

The first two days have been quite eventful.  I went salsa dancing and had dinner with my aunt and her kids...i found myself having lunch with a new salsa friend by the next day..

I did manage to also see an old friend from 2nd grade Joanna....She was magnificent I remembered.  Smart, beautiful but deep inside I know she was in so much pain.  I related to her for she also grew up with her grandparents and although I felt she was the smartest in class...she had an attitude so noone really gave her a chance....I told her today that she was truly the smartest one in class and that I adored her.
Local Street Food Trippin'

Brand new addition to the Lampa Family: Baby Karl!



My Niece AJ and I..my first morning in the Islands with a huge insect bite on my right eye..

My favorite childhood Tofu dessert: Taho

I was old fan of hers; Joanna

Angelica in the back dancing on her sneakers..

Pomelo salad at "Mesa" with a new friend John..

An altar at a local church..

I stay for a week then I'm off with the bacons to Boracay...




No comments:

Post a Comment