It happened all so fast in one day. In bed by 2 am, I rolled in and out of bed so anxious about waking up for my 10 am flight. I was restless..so restless.
I drove the 60 freeway in madness this morning with a plan to get to Long Beach by 9:15 to meet up with Suzie for a ride to the airport.
I felt so much generosity around me. The woman behind the counter gave me my boarding pass with a smile and told me to see his brother play at a local reggae bar in Chi Town and that I should hit it up. I got on the plane and immediately my guy behind me gave me a bag of cashew nuts (he proudly claimed to have made that purchase from a local fresh and easy). On the train, I asked for food recommendations and this person gave me a list and even offered to take me and my best friend to a local fried chicken joint (yes...i do have a ghetto side)
I was struggling with my luggage in sweat. It was so humid outside the Red Line Station in downtown Grand. Everything looked familiar...about a quarter mile away I saw a petite Asian man walking towards me with a smile and his new baby blue shirt. He started running flamboyantly towards me and I started running towards him ending into a long hug! It is so nice to see my best friend again :)
Of course, it didn't end there. My friend Jackie from Long Beach scored us some great seats at the white sox game (just seats away from home plate)...drinks, hotdogs, ghetto nachos...came overflowing..it was a great way to start my Monday
We ended the evening grocery shopping :) It's nice to be back :)
This is collection of a few life lessons. I represent both someone who possess endless strengths and inconsolable sadness. You will see a woman who was made to feel shame for her desires and yet had the courage to pursue them anyway. At 23, I thought I found Elizabeth. Now at 35, I long to rediscover her again. Let Me Fly...Reinvent...and Stay Extraordinary... "Happiness is only real when shared"...Christopher McCandless 2007
Fantastical Highlights
-
We have a new member to our family...his name is Sig :) My sister Andromeda and Sig Isn't he cute?
-
You are different... You are real.. You make me laugh.. I've never seen so much passion in one where I feel like I am with you I...
-
After breakfast, we said our farewells at a local picnic. It was bittersweet...long hugs and semi tears almost came with the rain for me :)...
No comments:
Post a Comment