What a full weekend. Lunch at my favorite brasserie pascal in fashion island, watched New Year's eve, then dinner at Cafe R&D...Life is full.
Saturday started with full of love. Love from my music family. I had my first brunch with my fellow altos at a home in Corona Del Mar...It may not be an expected group for me to hang out with but the choir has been such a blessing in my life this 2011. Food was amazing and the camaraderie is just what I needed before an event.
Last night was just another learning experience. I decided to host a fund-raiser. Now, typically I hate being in front of a stage but I had to step in for a friend. It was nice to be back in the community and to see old friends and colleagues. This has been annual production aging for 8 years. Sadly, I felt like my legacy is now gone and once a phenomenal team just turned mediocre.
"Everyone thought that it was the best production", he says....Come on! 99 cents lanterns, kindergarten level script, egotistical, a VIP reception that ran out of wine and food, staff members stealing wine, floating staff with no definite responsibility, should I even name more? I was saddened and I then realized, why I left. I had no reason to stay and work in a place where I don't share the same work ethics and values.
"Do you have anything good to say about the production, Elizabeth?"..I laughed and said that I'm proud of the coordinators and the video quality was better. Even then, I found even more flaws within these flaws.. :(
Am I just being negative or are people just don't want to hear the truth?
I ended the weekend with my family. At first my mom and sister Victoria didn't want to go to a christmas party but ended up going and had so much fun. We laughed, ate, sang, and enjoying our family. We started planning Christmas dinner and of course, my family has been designated to be the host again for the 2nd time around.
The evening ended with some great news...grandma and grandpa are coming home and they are bringing mama vian with them :) It's going to be a great Salvador Christmas :)
p.s. I miss my Ada today :(
This is collection of a few life lessons. I represent both someone who possess endless strengths and inconsolable sadness. You will see a woman who was made to feel shame for her desires and yet had the courage to pursue them anyway. At 23, I thought I found Elizabeth. Now at 35, I long to rediscover her again. Let Me Fly...Reinvent...and Stay Extraordinary... "Happiness is only real when shared"...Christopher McCandless 2007
Fantastical Highlights
-
We have a new member to our family...his name is Sig :) My sister Andromeda and Sig Isn't he cute?
-
You are different... You are real.. You make me laugh.. I've never seen so much passion in one where I feel like I am with you I...
-
After breakfast, we said our farewells at a local picnic. It was bittersweet...long hugs and semi tears almost came with the rain for me :)...
No comments:
Post a Comment