Fantastical Highlights

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Night and day...

I came home yesterday relieved that the second organization I was vetting to earn some funds through my work didn't qualify for my program criteria. This meant that I didn't have to put all my San Bernardino eggs in one basket.

I decided to pay my uncle one last visit and then I decided I wanted to pick up my mom since it was so cold and I didn't want her to ride the bus. I surprised my mom with her favorite food "laing na gata" (spinach/some type of exotic leaves with coconut milk and shrimp). Truth is...it's also a personal favorite so I actually bought the food for me lol..how selfish :)

I slept so well last night...I must have been tired but I was really happy to also have seen my parents and my sister...

This morning, I drove back to San Bernardino (gladly it only took 45 minutes vs. 2 hours if I came from Newport) to meet with a CEO of a non profit. He was a referral from another partner organization from Orange County. In my work, I always try to be fair and represent organizations that fit the demographic make-up of a region. I wanted to make sure, Asian and Pacific Islander were served righteously.

He was a Cambodian man, 15 minute late to my meeting (knowing that I had money to offer his organization)..and he went straight into asking how much I was going to offer and blatantly said that it was less than $25,000, he doesn't want it. I was shocked. In these times, a tactful approach can serve a leader so well...I was just amazed that considering that I am offering money for them to provide a free service that their clients will benefit from...I am floored that he said no. He won't be getting a dime from me.

I had lunch...shocked as hell...I decided to indulge myself in for a chili cheese dog :) It was a moment of heaven..

I ended day working with a gal I met and her daughter at the senior center of Rancho Cucamonga helping wrap gifts for the needy..

Two hours later, I was surrounded by Beautiful Mercedez Benz's at Fletcher Jones in Newport...No..I didn't get me a new car..but my work car rental was shaking and filthy..I needed it to be changed..

Off to Church Choir Rehearsal...2 more weeks before our Midnight Mass concert..

p.s. I finally found the perfect evening gown for the fund raiser I am hosting for Saturday :) It's my sister's lol..sorry Andromeda..


Fletcher Jones


Me and my little co-volunteer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment