Fantastical Highlights

Monday, July 9, 2012

Nothing will ever be truly the same.


What a week. It didn't even feel like I had a holiday. My friend was in town, combined with an action-packed weekend, and tired from the weekend before that camping - I ended the week with an overdue evening of salsa dancing.

Trent and I just had an amazing bonding weekend. I've never felt so close talking with him. He opened to me in way of love, family, and friends. I did the same. Our values remain the same. At 8:30 pm, I was almost ready to cancel but I left the decision to my carpool friend. I was dressed up and at his place by 9:15. He wasn't too happy that I was late.

It was an hour drive to one of the best salsa places in LA and we reminisced the older times. Javier and I spoke of his family, salsa parties we've been together, and the people that came into our lives along the day; some of them still around and some of them have disappeared.

I came into Hacienda - I felt my right toe tapping in counts of 8. My shoulders are ready to move and my fingers are curling up with anticipation. It's only been a month since the last time I dropped by and I saw so many faces.

First, I saw Alysa. She spoke of a recent surfer I just hosted through my friend Coco. Such a small world. I also ran across Rigo. I took classes with him in 2006 in Long Beach and was mutual friends with a colleague that moved from California to Houston. Daniel Stine is now married. I am happy for him.

I ran by Bob - Good old cha cha Bob. He greeted me with such a smile and asked me to dance. He always lit the room up with spirit and made every single woman on the dance floor feel so beautiful every time he is around.

He came up to me, smiled, and said "What happened the same Elizabeth that comes dashing into a room with light? She is losing her essense". I responded, "It's just not the same anymore". Oddly enough, he told me that nothing will ever be the same since every day is a new day. He said, "You have to welcome change and people in your life as they come and let them go as you see fit." I was in shocked. It's almost like he read through me.

I'm feeling restless. My knees are constantly hurting and I'm in constant pain. Trent is also oddly enough feeling the same.

This is a poem that Mr. Stine shared to me once as a birthday gift -

Reason, Season, or Lifetime

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty; to provide you with guidance and support; to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be.

Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn. They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it. It is real. But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person, and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

— Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment