To many - Vday has now been too commercialized rather than just a day to celebrate love.
I remember being in NYC once for Valentine's day. It was such a beautiful February day and the city just brightened up after a weekend of cold blizzard. I was single then and I remember walking by Union Square and was overwhelmed by the number of men carrying flowers. It made me smile. Deep inside I was wondering how it would feel to have someone think of me that day and bring me flowers. Now, I seem to be allergic. 1 rose is enough. A dozen for $50 is just ridiculous. I couldn't eat them lol.
Of course, typical Elizabeth, had to ask a random passerby who these dozen of roses for. He said with the smile "for my grandmother". That made my day. That same day I spent an evening eating chinese at a random diner in the middle of the east village area not too far from 9th avenue. I remember being sad and lonely. Loneliness is never a good feeling specially when you're far away from home.
It's been a toxic day of the past. I ran across letters and cards dating back in 2002 while cleaning up a room. I can't imagining uttering those same words to those people now at this point in my life. Nevertheless, I can't help but stop and tear. What happened? Who have I become? What were we thinking? To be young and in love....in my case to be in love with the young lol...
This Valentine - I am glad to be have a love........
Happy Heart's Day Everyone!...
I remember being in NYC once for Valentine's day. It was such a beautiful February day and the city just brightened up after a weekend of cold blizzard. I was single then and I remember walking by Union Square and was overwhelmed by the number of men carrying flowers. It made me smile. Deep inside I was wondering how it would feel to have someone think of me that day and bring me flowers. Now, I seem to be allergic. 1 rose is enough. A dozen for $50 is just ridiculous. I couldn't eat them lol.
Of course, typical Elizabeth, had to ask a random passerby who these dozen of roses for. He said with the smile "for my grandmother". That made my day. That same day I spent an evening eating chinese at a random diner in the middle of the east village area not too far from 9th avenue. I remember being sad and lonely. Loneliness is never a good feeling specially when you're far away from home.
It's been a toxic day of the past. I ran across letters and cards dating back in 2002 while cleaning up a room. I can't imagining uttering those same words to those people now at this point in my life. Nevertheless, I can't help but stop and tear. What happened? Who have I become? What were we thinking? To be young and in love....in my case to be in love with the young lol...
This Valentine - I am glad to be have a love........
Happy Heart's Day Everyone!...

No comments:
Post a Comment