It's now a month and half since the Captain and I moved in together. I am learning a lot about him, about me, and also about others around me. As of today, I feel good, comfortable, and HAPPILY home.
2013 has already been proven to be good to Elizabeth. Last week, I walked out of our Fresno office with a big smile on my face for my manager said that I have been the top performer in my team. My doctor also presented some good news; my medication dosage will be decreasing in a month - my body is healing and adjusting accordingly to the new changes in my life.
As expected, the drive back and forth to Newport is definitely unbearable. I tried to keep singing with the old choir but after feeling like an outsider for living in sin while taking Sunday communion, I decided to move on.
I drove in from Fresno last Thursday evening. I was greeted with a heartwarming smile at the car rental place. I never had anyone help me picking up my car rental; it's really nice to have a bf who's there for you. Within the same night, I drove downtown to go for an audition for an alto spot for the Los Angeles Cathedral Choir; a parish almost 5 times the size of what I am accustomed to in Newport. It took me an elevator from the , a 5 minute walk that seemed like a half a mile from the parkingSu lot to church back entrance, 4 more flights of stairs and a couple of turns leads you into a cold rehearsal room. A tall man with full grey hair and big blue eyes made me stand by the piano and sing in front of a 60 people choir - I stood in shock and was told to just sit in (meaning I didn't get it) ...after the rehearsal, I was told to fit onto a robe.
The next Sunday started with an 8 am call time for a 10 am mass then a 2 hour break for a 2:30 pm call time for a 7 pm concert with 900 member choral ensemble. I got home at 11 pm practically dead. It was an amazing christening for a stressful series of events.
Needless to say, Elizabeth finally got her groove back :) Maybe even a new parish to call home.
This week is dedicated to St. Valentines. I guess you heard my prayers. Thank you. February marks the 8th month of my relationship. Although we are riding along, my heart remains longing for unrealistic answers about what the future may bring. Vulnerable but extremely overwhelmed by how beautiful true love brings one into your life.. It's a special week but with how we do things - it's almost like it's valentine's every week :)
Here's a video from a smiliar concert last year :
2013 has already been proven to be good to Elizabeth. Last week, I walked out of our Fresno office with a big smile on my face for my manager said that I have been the top performer in my team. My doctor also presented some good news; my medication dosage will be decreasing in a month - my body is healing and adjusting accordingly to the new changes in my life.
As expected, the drive back and forth to Newport is definitely unbearable. I tried to keep singing with the old choir but after feeling like an outsider for living in sin while taking Sunday communion, I decided to move on.
I drove in from Fresno last Thursday evening. I was greeted with a heartwarming smile at the car rental place. I never had anyone help me picking up my car rental; it's really nice to have a bf who's there for you. Within the same night, I drove downtown to go for an audition for an alto spot for the Los Angeles Cathedral Choir; a parish almost 5 times the size of what I am accustomed to in Newport. It took me an elevator from the , a 5 minute walk that seemed like a half a mile from the parkingSu lot to church back entrance, 4 more flights of stairs and a couple of turns leads you into a cold rehearsal room. A tall man with full grey hair and big blue eyes made me stand by the piano and sing in front of a 60 people choir - I stood in shock and was told to just sit in (meaning I didn't get it) ...after the rehearsal, I was told to fit onto a robe.
The next Sunday started with an 8 am call time for a 10 am mass then a 2 hour break for a 2:30 pm call time for a 7 pm concert with 900 member choral ensemble. I got home at 11 pm practically dead. It was an amazing christening for a stressful series of events.
Needless to say, Elizabeth finally got her groove back :) Maybe even a new parish to call home.
This week is dedicated to St. Valentines. I guess you heard my prayers. Thank you. February marks the 8th month of my relationship. Although we are riding along, my heart remains longing for unrealistic answers about what the future may bring. Vulnerable but extremely overwhelmed by how beautiful true love brings one into your life.. It's a special week but with how we do things - it's almost like it's valentine's every week :)
Here's a video from a smiliar concert last year :
Photos from this year's concert
My new parish and choir - The Los Angeles Cathedral Choir (I'm in the front row, 3rd from the right)
Our new digs and our very first visit from new friends..


No comments:
Post a Comment