Fantastical Highlights

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Aristocrat: Day 1

October 12

Introducing a man named Ruffo!  We will call him the " Aristocrat"..he will accompany me in this journey for three days.

The Aristocrat lives in this beautiful loft 10 minutes away walking from the Gare du Midi station.  The neighborhood reminded me of an LA downtown produce district neighborhood in a way that it seems a bit industrial with random "hole in the wall" restaurants and stores. It's cold and dreary out and your walk is surrounded by tram, car, and traffic from nearby major train station.

The loft was spectacular.  My friend Trent would have approved of the size of the bathroom and it's beautiful kitchen.  His dad, the senior aristocrat has build and renovated this historic building into a contemporary and modern loft.  It was furnish in a such a unique fashion with a combination of both the new and the old.  The lighting was phenomenal and of course...what every girl wants.....a huge mirror in the lobby just before you step out into the streets.

We spent the day in museums.  I was a bit in a daze since I have a new-found Belgian favorite: the Kriek Beer!  I had a bunch of them the night before. Brussels has this old small village feel. It's nice after two weeks in Paris.

We started with a cup of coffee and a croissant..I had my first taste of European butter this time around..WOW.  To top it off..how about some Belgian Hot coco!  I almost died..lol  Two hours were spend reminiscing about my history.  We felt an instant friendship connection and we both decided to tell each other our secrets...

marvelous..






a belgium visit is not complete without belgian chocolates..




It's amazing how secrets can make two people closer.  This time, I knew we are going to be great friends!

After that..the afternoon became such a bliss of laughter, emotions, and random moments with strangers in museums and in brussels trams and subways.....we managed to make fun of each other's vanity without getting upset with each other.

It was a long day.  I am smiling.

Day 1 to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment