Fantastical Highlights

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 3 in Paris: A day of celebration and a reflection about lost of love..

Today was a day of celebration.  September 29 - my friend Anas went for his masters presentation about his internship.  He was so nervous and so cute..he came home with a smile.

For the first time, I felt so comfortable with the Paris Metro system...i was riding it like I lived there for years...Anas was right...it's so easy...I just hated how everyone looked so cold while I wanted to be practically naked inside the trains..the subways are Menos! However..it wasn't as bad as i remember it to be back in 2005..it's actually much much cleaner than Rome..

I found a spot right on the river seine where I spent about an hour just watching boats pass by.  It was peaceful and made me realize how much I was in love with Paris..


 An hour later...I wandered around the streets and got a glimpse of an old view...the pyramid at the louvre...and this courtyard where I once remembered hearing a beautiful soprano singing a piece from Norma back in 2005...again...i was celebrating an old place with a new smile.

 There is something about this old architecture that puts me at ease...i sat in the courtyard far from all the tourist for another hour...
 The St. Michel fountain seems to a popular place to meet.....I see the fountain at least twice a day..
 I also had my very first Paris croissant...I ordered it in nearby patisserie.....and I decided to sit at a park for an hour..again..just to people watch.

For an hour..I was entertained by the sound of a busy traffic circle, a water fountain, buses, bikers with baguettes on their hands.......it was one of the most beautiful hour in my life that I can clearly remember.  In front of me..I watched a group of 5 girls..they were drinking smoking and listening to music.  I remembered about my old high school friends...on my left was an older man reading a newspaper with a dog on his lap.

an old man and his friend..

girlfriends..
 After the fountain...I met up with a new surfer friend who emailed me and asked if I would like to have a drink....William.."Guillame" in french...invited me over for a drink in his beautiful flat near Picpus east of the center of Paris.  His flat is exceptional....huge...we had a great time speaking about his travels and had a chance to see some pics from his trip to Norway and Asia..






We ended today and celebrated with Anas..He had his very first Chinese restaurant meal in Argenteuil....he was so cute..he didn't know what to order..I just had to order anything without pork..


TO BE CONTINUED..

No comments:

Post a Comment