Fantastical Highlights

Monday, December 6, 2010

Brick Walls and the Power of Wisdom

Mirko before the Canadian Embassy incident..
It's 11 pm and just said my goodnights with Dad and Sister Andromeda. I am back home after a week long relaxation at the Flipper's (Trent's house)

Today was an interesting day of wisdom. I found myself crying on the train, my sister's bed, and in front of the Long Beach harbor.  I'm emotionally exhausted but also wisely charged.

Trent, Maggie (My cuz), Suzie, and I were hosting a Serbian traveler named Mirko.  He was quite a charmer, a great cook as well as a person of stories and excitement in life.  He's always smiling and singing; a typical Serbian trait I have noticed.  I promised that if he cooked for us, I'd join him at the Canadian embassy to file paperwork for his visa.

Meet Mirko.  Heis well traveled but still young.  With no plans, I had to wake him up so that we can make his 10:30 deadline.  With tasks that  needed to be done prior to submission of the papers, I was afraid that we were losing time.

I was right.  We got some things done (Cashiers check at the bank, print out at the Fedex office, etc).  In the end, he still needed some additional paperwork that he should have known about prior to this visit.  I was going to initially blame it on his last host but realized, it's just his trait as a young traveler.

We came out of the embassy in a solemn bliss.  I could feel his energy go down with disappointment and I was sad for him.  "This type of things discourages me from my excitement to see the world," he said.  All he wanted was to see his family but were faced with never-ending "brick walls"

On my way up to LA this morning, I schemed through a book titled "The Last Lecture", by Randy Pausch.  I was hooked by a random chapter I found entitled "Romancing the Bring Wall". I cried, laugh, and smiled within a 4 page chapter and have found some of the most beautiful wisdom and teachings about love and life lessons; I was inspired.

Top 3 lessons of the day:
  • Truth always prevail..
  • Unconditional Love Is Beautiful
  • Brick Walls are there for a reason.  They give us a chance to show how badly we want something
Most beautiful passage I ever read:

"Look, I'm going to find a way to be happy, and I'd really love to be happy with you, but if I can't be happy with you, then I'll find a way to be happy without you."

Coarse but beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment