October 13
"Meeting Elizabeth certainly was one of my coolest and most eye-opening experiences so far. Hard to describe though. Some kind of "Las Vegas parano" where you'd swap the drugs for generosity, genuiness, fun, warmth, crazyness, humour... Something really different."
I still remember an afternoon of grey as I was leaving Ruffo’s Gare du Midi home south of Brussels. It was sort of a bittersweet moment. It seemed odd that I’m leaving such a memorable 3 day experience. I left a very clean flat.. as Ruffo and his girl prepares for his 2 month South east Asian trip.
Our hug seemed awkward. It was definitely not a proper goodbye. The look in our eyes seemed distant. He called me a vegas drug, again only temporary.
I continued my Belgian journey and onto a 7 Euro ride to Antwerp, a Flemish city north of Brussels. It was a nice simple ride. At 16:00 people are heading back to the suburbs from a long day of work in Belgian capital. I remember exchanging looks with a young dutch man…it was sort of cute but awkwardly romantic.
All I could think about was how cold and tired I was from carrying a rather heavy luggage. Then I realized I left my jacket and a scarf at Ruffos…why did the luggage feel so heavy..
I got off the Intercity lines and was greeted by another beautiful architecture. Just like any other train stations, it is decorated by a center clock and elaborate walls. I was then greeted by a smile from a Tunisian man named Fetih….. I felt closeness to a new friend.
To be continued..
No comments:
Post a Comment