The day...
It was almost a perfect day. I had my favorite grilled milkfish and eggplant for dinner with some wonderful friends. We spoke about my favorite topic of travel and it was a nice send off to my friend Corry of Holland that will be flying home for the summer.
Bruise Element #1
The evening continued with my typical night of dancing with Kleydson and Jennifer (friends visiting from brazil). I danced for an hour; three hours less than I normally would in a salsa club. The place was full of beginner dancers of mostly men and women in their late 40s and 50s trying to relive their youthful ages by going out on a Wednesday night. Of course, this means lots of potential injuries for someone like who dancers generally love to spin in a crowded dance floor. End result: bruises on my wrist and ankles..you’d think I would have learned after 6 years of dance experience.
However….a man from my past Palm Springs Extravaganza events reappeared on my salsa floors. I met Matt (I think that’s his name) about 4 years ago when he was about 19 and going to UCI. I remembered him to be a rather stylish dancer for someone is just “plain” white. As my frustration increases, I saw his smile matched with a new shirt and stylish glasses. Gladly he changed his style. He is still a great dancer as a remember him to be but perhaps what made him extraordinary is that he danced with a smile and sang every salsa song that he danced to with so much love and passion. It was a joy and he truly made my evening. Thanks Matt!
Bruise Element #2
Trying to encourage the art of forgiving can sometimes place me on an edge. I have managed to asked an old friend to stop contacting me so many times out of frustration. I just don’t understand. It’s a never-ending contentious friendship with questions of dishonesty and of truth. What’s worse is that we hardly know each other. It felt so toxic and I really didn’t want to be in that place. I have managed to forgive in the past but I’m not certain that I’ve made the right decision. I wanted to try to understand. All I wanted to hear is the word “sorry”. Instead, it all just ends up being a series of blames and feelings of guilt. I told him that I want to tell him the truth but in the end I figured it probably does not benefit the friendship when there’s really no resolution at the end. How is this beneficial to both ends? Does he know that although he thinks the truth may be righteous that sometimes it doesn’t serve a purpose? I went to bed crying. I thought Midwestern men were known to be old fashion and are true gentlemen.
Treatment Element #1
On the happy side..Ms. Patty said she met the man of her dreams at an Angel’s game. I’m happy for my girl. Too bad she didn’t get to exchange phone numbers. Go Ms. Patty! Hope to see you in Chicago in a couple of weeks!
Treatment Element #2
Chicago here I come..
This is collection of a few life lessons. I represent both someone who possess endless strengths and inconsolable sadness. You will see a woman who was made to feel shame for her desires and yet had the courage to pursue them anyway. At 23, I thought I found Elizabeth. Now at 35, I long to rediscover her again. Let Me Fly...Reinvent...and Stay Extraordinary... "Happiness is only real when shared"...Christopher McCandless 2007
Fantastical Highlights
-
We have a new member to our family...his name is Sig :) My sister Andromeda and Sig Isn't he cute?
-
You are different... You are real.. You make me laugh.. I've never seen so much passion in one where I feel like I am with you I...
-
After breakfast, we said our farewells at a local picnic. It was bittersweet...long hugs and semi tears almost came with the rain for me :)...
No comments:
Post a Comment